Sales Operations Coordinator
Title: Sales Operations Coordinator
Class: Academic Professional
Exempt Status: Exempt
Under the direction of management, assures the timely and accurate delivery of all contracted training. This position works in collaboration with Business Training and Education Development Coordinators to fulfill contract-training deliverables through applying project management principles to ensure contract commitments are met once the training contract has been signed. Primary responsibilities include assessing contract needs, project management, executing contract deliverables, and process improvement.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as a liaison and primary point of contact for clients and stakeholders regarding the delivery and evaluation of contracted training. Stakeholders include clients, college staff and instructors.
- Coordinates projects supporting the delivery of contracted training including class and instructor scheduling, and tracking time for instructors.
- Initiates and coordinates the renewal of repeat contracts in collaboration with CLIMB sales staff.
- Drafts and reviews contracted training proposals for new and existing clients.
- Sets up sales appointments and follows up with clients and potential clients in collaboration with CLIMB sales staff.
- Develops positive working relationships with college departments; interacts with college staff regarding planning, coordinating and requesting services.
- Responsible for reporting project status on all open contracts to internal and external stakeholders.
- Recommends process improvement and works to create efficiencies within the assigned area.
- Utilizes CRM database to track contracted training project status.
- Works with accounting staff to track contracted training project costs and create budget statements.
- Liaises with CLIMB marketing staff in support of trainings and/or events.
- Assigns and oversees the work of classified staff and provides input regarding performance evaluations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
Work is performed in an office setting. Prolonged computer and/or telephone use may require extended periods of sitting.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Education, Communications or related field. Relevant experience performing the duties of the job may substitute for the degree requirement on a year for year basis. Three years’ experience coordinating multiple projects in a complex organization.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Project management methods and principles;
- Customer relations databases.
- Project management and independent problem solving;
- Recognizing and recommending process improvement;
- Applying relevant information to the development of processes and programs.
- Coordinate multiple projects;
- Prepare reports related to operational activities;
- Understand revenue models such as profit and loss statements, activity based costing and project margins;
- Work effectively with the diverse academic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of PCC staff;
- Communicate effectively through oral and written documents;
- Work independently and as a member of a team.