Athletic Facilities Coordinator
Title: Athletic Facilities Coordinator
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Under the direction of management, supports multiple academic programs and athletic facilities. Supports smooth day-to-day operations by maintaining facilities, equipment and supplies, ensuring optimal casual and student staff levels, and scheduling multiple classrooms and facilities. Schedules events for internal and community groups, prepares and processes invoices, and works to ensure event success. Orients students and visitors to facilities, keeps records and supports faculty as necessary. Leads and trains casual and student staff.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports daily operations by ensuring equipment is in working order, facilities are appropriately staffed and supplied, both indoor and outdoor facilities are clean and safe, and classroom and lab space is effectively scheduled. Provides access for faculty, staff and students to athletic facilities.
- Monitors the recreational use of campus athletic facilities during open recreation hours and special events; acts as the point person for athletic facility rentals, monitors and intercedes in user conflicts that may arise regarding use of the facilities.
- Represents Athletic Facilities on a variety of campus and community committees, including but not limited to Campus Safety Committee, Campus Schedulers committee, Campus Student Activity Fund committee and the Portland Area Aquatic Council. Regularly attends meetings and keeps management informed of significant issues.
- Coordinates lifeguard coverage for academic classes, non-credit (Community Education) classes and special events. Coordinates staff to monitor open recreation times and special events for a variety of different athletic facilities. Develops work schedules, coordinates lifeguard in-service/training sessions, trains staff in the preparation of multiple athletic labs and facilities and in the safe maintenance and use of equipment. Tracks and monitors lifeguard certifications. Sets up and creates EPAFs and ensures staff complete and submit time sheets.
- Schedules use of multiple labs and facilities that ensure maximum class and event offerings for available space in coordination with Faculty Department Chairs and other internal PCC departments.
- Performs minor maintenance and repair of athletic facility equipment. Works with a variety of outside vendors and contractors to meet larger repair needs. Inventories equipment and maintains hard copy or computer records. Maintains pool chemistry. Adds chemicals and makes corrections to chemicals as needed to keep pool operational and maintain proper water balance. Tracks and records vital pool statistics for State pool inspectors.
- Purchases and processes purchase requisitions. Utilizes blanket purchase orders, p-card, and monitors expenditures and interfaces with vendors as necessary.
- Tracks equipment/supply budget and consults with faculty and management regarding equipment purchases. Prepares athletic facility equipment and supply requests for the annual budget process. Assists with the preparation with departmental budget.
- Maintains security of all athletic facility spaces and locker rooms. Unlocks/locks facilities and prepares all rooms for opening/closing. Serves as building monitor and provides security assistance.
- Performs first aid and determines when to seek assistance from public safety and/or EMS personnel.
- Assigns lockers and locks to students, faculty and staff. Maintains accurate records of these assignments. Maintains records and inventory of lost or stolen items.
- Provides technical information to students and the public regarding athletic programs, facilities, class schedules, directions, college facility policies and procedures both over the phone and in person.
- Acts as Campus point person for athletic facilities rentals to outside/community groups and coordinates facilities usage for internal special events. Participates in determining fees for special events. Arranges payment schedules, drafts and distributes invoices for athletic facilities usage. Provides facility access for special event groups. Organizes and coordinates facility set up and tear down in compliance with internal and external policies and regulations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
Work is performed in an athletic facilities environment. Exposure to potentially hazardous chemicals and incidents requiring first aid and/or CPR may occur.
Some heavy lifting of equipment is required. Work may occasionally be performed in awkward positions when setting up equipment and performing cleaning and/or repair duties.
High school diploma or equivalent and two years of post-secondary education in Physical Education, Exercise Science, Health Science or related field. Experience may substitute for the post-secondary requirement on a year for year basis. Two years of experience supporting facilities or athletic operations.
American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification required. Must be able to obtain Pool Operator Certificate, CPR and First Aid Certification within six months of employment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Applicable laws, rules and regulations;
- Data entry and record keeping;
- Wide range of athletic activities within a community college or community setting.
- Customer service;
- Operating a computer and various software packages;
- Providing information one on one or to small and large groups;
- Training and providing direction to student and casual staff;
- Interacting positively with staff and the public in order to enhance effectiveness and promote quality service.
- Work effectively with diverse academic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of PCC students, faculty, staff and community partners;
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing;
- Create and maintain accurate records;
- Work independently with minimal direction;
- Remain calm under high pressure situations.