Below are listed some of the most frequently won private scholarships by PCC students just like you. If you're feeling ambitious, check the bottom of the page for prestigious scholarships open to community college students.
|Scholarship||How much||Application||Deadline||Who is it for?|
OSAC awards over 100 PCC students each year. Also, by filling out one application, you apply for several scholarships.
|Average is $3,100||Oregon Student Access||February||
|2. Ford Family Foundation
This scholarship is awarded to over 20 PCC students every year - and it provides up to 90% of your college costs!
|Up to 90% of your unmet financial need||Oregon Student Access||February||
| 3. US Bank
Around 20 students win this scholarship each year. Almost all banks and credit unions have scholarship programs.
| 5. Oregon Community Foundation
The OCF awards offers many unique scholarship programs. Around 10 PCC students receive this scholarship every year.
|$500 to $3,000||Oregon Student Access||February||
Check with your department for scholarships such as: non-credit ESOL, Automotive Service, Welding, Machine Manufacturing, Early Education, Diesel Service, and Panthers basketball.
Up for a challenge?
This scholarship is competitive, but it's worth the effort!
Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship
- Who is eligible: Students who will be transferring to a four year university next school year, and do not have a bachelors degree already. To be eligible, you must be attending a community college, plan to enroll full-time in a bachelor degree program in the Fall of 2016, and have a GPA of 3.5 or better. This is a rigorous scholarship and is based on aspects of achievement, financial need, persistence, leadership and service to others.
- Get help: Contact Jennifer McBratney for help applying.
- Website to apply: Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship
- Application timeline: October 15 to December 15, 2015
- Scholarship amount: Awards can be up to $40,000 per year to winning students.
There and many, many, many more scholarships out there. How do you find them? Use a scholarship search site. Our favorites: