Small Business Builders
Get in touch
Start and manage your business with confidence.
Start, grow and manage your business with confidence and with your sights set on long-term sustainability and resilience, even during uncertain times. This program is designed for small business owners in their first, second or third year of business. Are you second guessing your business decisions? Do you feel uncertain, overwhelmed and excited about your new business at the same time?
Small Business Builders provides you the training and support you need to strengthen your new business for growth and resilience, with the goal of building your business, while saving you time, energy and money.
Through the 10 week program, you will:
- Learn how to manage your business more effectively and improve your business’s profitability
- Network with small business owners
- Gain clarity in your business
- Dedicate time to work on your business
- Work one-on-one with a business advisor
- Learn from subject-matter experts
Each week we’ll bring in subject-matter experts to teach on important areas. Sessions meet weekly for 10-weeks and are 3-hours long. Small Business Builders is more than just a class. It includes:
- Group learning and networking to discuss challenges, exchange resources, and find solutions with peers.
- 30 hours of classroom business education with 10 weekly, 3-hour sessions taught by subject-matter experts. Complete the form on this page to get a detailed course outline.
- Week 1: Working ON vs. Working IN the Business
- Week 2: Plot Your Company’s Business Model
- Week 3: Financial Planning for Entrepreneurs
- Week 4: Basics of Marketing and Branding – and Why You Need Them
- Week 5: Sales
- Week 6: Pricing, Customer Service, and Collections
- Week 7: Out of the Shoebox
- Week 8: Setting Up and Operating Your Financial Systems
- Week 9: Identify and Plan for Key Legal Details of Your Business
- Week 10: Managing Your Time for Your Business and Yourself
- Up to 5 hours of one-on-one advising during the 10 month period following Small Business Builders.
- Complimentary access to “Before You Go Global,” an online course to help you start selling your products in global markets.
- Access to specialty business advisors with a wide range of expertise.
- Access to market research resources such as Southern Oregon University Market Research Institute, SBDCNet, Reference USA, MarketLink, and Euromonitor.
- 30 hours in class, divided into 10 weekly, 3-hour sessions.
- Plus, Up to 5 hours of one-on-one advising during the 10 month period following Small Business Builders.
- Tuition is $799.
- Tuition can be paid in 5, monthly payments of $160.
- An additional person from your business can take the course for 1/2 price, $400.
- Invaluable advice from industry experts that will save you years of frustration
- Support from a network of peers and mentors
- Confidence to make the right decisions for your new business
What Our Clients Say
Join over 240 business owners who have completed this program since 2006.
“I went into Small Business [Builders] not knowing what my business should look like. It showed me the avenue for success and avenues I wouldn’t have considered. It certainly helped me build a strong foundation. I probably wouldn’t have lasted the recession without my advisor from the program.” – Amy McAuley, Founder & Owner of Oculus Fine Carpentry
“You’re going to learn something you didn’t think you didn’t know. They bring in experts in various fields. And in one of the session you’re going to have an “aha!” moment.” – Roy Weedman, Bud Construction LLC
Upcoming Schedule for Small Business Builders
Find the CRN of your course from the class schedule. Then, register:
- Online: If this is your first time taking a class at PCC, create an account. If you are a returning student, log on to MyPCC and click “Register for classes,” found in your Term-to-Term Checklist, under “Register”.
- Phone: Call 971-722-8888, option 2.
Questions? Contact the SBDC at firstname.lastname@example.org or 971-722-5080.