Small Business Development Center
COVID-19 Impact: The PCC SBDC and Global Trade Center is Open for Business
We’re providing 1:1 business advising via Zoom, and all upcoming training will be provided online. To get in touch, please email email@example.com or call 971-722-5080. We are here to be of service to you and your business!
Updated 10/08/2020 4:55pm
Get in touch
Build a Profitable and Rewarding Small Business
The Oregon Small Business Development Center at Portland Community College is adjusting to the unprecedented economic challenge created by the Coronavirus pandemic and COIVD-19. PCC SBDC is now offering all no-cost advising and programming remotely. Our center has helped thousands of business owners in the Portland, OR metro region over the last 35+ years. We combine one-on-one business advising with training programs taught by business experts, giving small business clients the resources they need to grow. We’ve celebrated many successes with clients at all stages of business development. We encourage you to attend our no-cost Intro to SBDC orientation to discover educational opportunities and to create a plan for action to guide your business journey.
Explore PCC SBDC Programming:
Start and Grow Your Business
Start your business on the right track, from refining your entrepreneurial idea to stabilizing your business for growth. Courses now offered online.
Managing Your Business
Keep your business growing through adversity by making the right decisions. Maintain your competitive edge through innovation. Courses now offered online.
Global Trade Center
Grow your business through exporting and importing. Courses now offered online. Register for the Buying and Selling Outside the U.S. Series.
Import/Export Trade Advising
Our team has decades of experience supporting small business professionals who seek to become importers/exporters.
SBDC Course Schedule
From the SBDC Blog
- 7 Reasons Why You Need to Make Employee Skill Development a Priority
- Fri, 01 Jul 2022
- Does your company invest in professional development for its employees? If not, now is a great time to reconsider. Investing in the professional growth of your employees has many benefits that more than justify any associated costs. In this post, we’ll look at five different reasons managers should make skill development a priority.
- Improving Communication with Non-Native English Coworkers & Employees
- Thu, 30 Jun 2022
- If you've ever left the Portland area to live where English wasn't the main spoken language—or even lived in a neighborhood of Portland where English was less common—you know the challenge non-native English speakers face daily. Even people with impeccable language skills must process many cultural, contextual, and idiomatic elements of the workplace while also…
- Global Trade Center Client Success Story: Catalyst Trade
- Wed, 29 Jun 2022
- Catalyst Trade believes that "coffee is a sacrament," inviting us to grab a cup and join them as they revolutionize the way coffee is traded. Co-owner Emily McIntyre was looking for help growing her international business when she found the Oregon SBDC Network Global Trade Center and participated in the Global Trade Management program in…
- View more ...