Get in touch
Continuous Learning for Individuals, Management & Business
PCC CLIMB Center for Advancement delivers continuous learning opportunities for individuals and customized training for organizations throughout the Portland, Oregon metro region and beyond. Housing programs including the Institute for Health Professionals, the Small Business Development Center, Professional Development and Training and Customized Workforce Development and Training – CLIMB is a central hub for noncredit courses, workshops and certifications that help elevate careers and/or personal growth with specialized training from experts in their respective fields. Prospective students and enrollees can expect:
- Real-world experience. Our workshops and courses are taught by practicing subject-matter experts. Learn from instructors who have worked in their field of expertise.
- Flexible & convenient. For individuals, we offer half-day workshops to multi-month courses. Enroll in programs that fit your schedule and goals. For organizations, we develop a training program based on your needs and objectives.
- Variety. There is no shortage of topics offered at PCC CLIMB. From professional Microsoft Excel training to Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) training, there is a diverse offering of workshops and courses to help you reach your professional, personal, or organizational goals.
- Mission-driven. As a part of PCC, we care about providing educational opportunities that serve you and our community.
Explore What PCC CLIMB Offers
Institute for Health Professionals
Start your career in healthcare, enroll in CEUs for health professionals, prepare for national exams, and complete comprehensive health certificate programs.
Small Business Development Center
Launch and grow your small business through no-cost, one-on-one business advising and affordable business education.
Professional Development & Training
Develop and improve your professional skills for today’s workplace.
CLIMB News and Announcements
- Ayurveda Primer - The Confluence of Rest, Rejuvenation, Luster, Breath - and a Healthier You
- Mon, 20 Aug 2018
by Ann Wagoner
Many factors inspire people to detach from outside stressors and embark along the path of an inward search. The need isn’t new, and it’s been explored for over thousands of years by cultures around the world. But, where to begin the journey?
The ancient teachings of Ayurveda and Yoga are excellent conduits to guide us to deeper understanding. PCC’s Ayurvedic Health Advisor program combines ancient healing knowledge with contemporary applications about the inner workings of the mind, body and consciousness. When we can find our hearts and minds in a place of deep relaxation and vast awareness, we can discover our true potential and experience remarkable healing.
- More than License Prep: Real Estate Course Helps Individuals Understand Real Estate for Their Own Purchases or Investments
- Fri, 17 Aug 2018
Gary Calvert is a former Air Force pilot and professional diver, and currently works for Washington County in Hillsboro for its housing authority. He’s lived in the Portland-metro area for over 30-years and has been teaching at Portland Community College for nearly as long, and in various capacities. He recently connected with us to share more about his passion for education and his interest in real estate.
- Coaching: A Leadership Skill that Belongs in Your Intellectual Trophy Case
- Tue, 14 Aug 2018
“We’re way past big speech time” said Coach Norman Dale in the renowned 1986 sports film Hoosiers, based upon a small-town Indiana basketball team that made it to the state finals.
The coach, portrayed by actor Gene Hackman, knew that it wouldn’t be a motivational pep talk to a bunch of underdogs that led to victory. The championship would be the result of ongoing leadership bringing individuals together to achieve a common goal.
- View more ...