Get in touch
Continuous Learning for Individuals, Management & Business
PCC CLIMB Center for Advancement delivers continuous learning opportunities for individuals and customized training for organizations throughout the Portland, OR metro region and beyond.
- Real-world experience. Our workshops and courses are taught by practicing subject-matter experts. Learn from instructors who have worked in their field of expertise.
- Flexible & convenient. For individuals, we offer half-day workshops to multi-month courses. Enroll in programs that fit your schedule and goals. For organizations, we develop a training program based on your needs and objectives.
- Variety. There is no shortage of topics offered at PCC CLIMB. From professional Microsoft Excel training to Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) training, there is a diverse offering of workshops and courses to help you reach your professional, personal, or organizational goals.
- Mission-driven. As a part of PCC, we care about providing educational opportunities that serve you and our community.
Explore What PCC CLIMB Offers
Institute for Health Professionals
Start your career in healthcare, enroll in CEUs for health professionals, prepare for national exams, and complete comprehensive health certificate programs.
Small Business Development Center
Launch and grow your small business through no-cost, one-on-one business advising and affordable business education.
Professional Development & Training
Develop and improve your professional skills for today’s workplace.
CLIMB News and Announcements
- 10 Reasons It’s Great to Be an Entrepreneur!
- Tue, 19 Jun 2018
There’s something exciting about starting your own business, especially if it’s something you’re truly passionate about. Entrepreneurship is the lifeblood of the American economy, and many people rely on small businesses to provide the goods and services they need, as well as to create jobs for the local economy.
That’s the precise reason that we celebrate National Entrepreneur Week, because it celebrates the benefits of being an entrepreneur. There are numerous reasons it's great to be an entrepreneur, and that’s why we’re celebrating National Entrepreneurship Week. Below we’ll discuss the top ten reasons why being an entrepreneur is so great:
- 6 Reasons to Take Your AHA BLS, ACLS and/or PALS Training at PCC IHP
- Thu, 14 Jun 2018
At the PCC Institute for Health Professionals (IHP), we pride ourselves on providing a wide variety of thorough, engaging, and student-focused courses for today’s health professional. Since 1997, IHP has been the preeminent American Heart Association (AHA) training center in the Oregon region. Our high quality AHA courses include Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS), and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS). Whether you’re looking to expand your knowledge through cardiology continuing education or receiving your first American Heart Association Certification, our program is designed with the student in mind. Here are six reasons why you should consider PCC Institute for Health Professionals for your certification needs.
- Key Factors to Starting a Business
- Tue, 05 Jun 2018
As an entrepreneur, there are many considerations in opening a new business. Considerations may include funding, developing of your product or service, marketing including website development, finding the right location for your business or digital storefront, attracting customers/creating sales and many more. Of course, it’s important to also consider challenges related to the psychology of entrepreneurship. Today’s article provides a snapshot of the top five psychological considerations you could experience which can help to reveal some insights and tips for ways to overcome each.
- View more ...