Get in touch
Continuous Learning for Individuals, Management & Business
PCC CLIMB Center for Advancement delivers Continuing Education learning opportunities for individuals – and workforce solutions and customized training for organizations throughout Portland. CLIMB is a central hub for noncredit courses, workshops and certifications that help elevate careers – offering specialized training from experts in their respective fields. Prospective students and enrollees can expect:
- Real-world experience. Our certifications, workshops and courses are taught by practicing subject-matter experts. Learn from instructors who have worked in their field of expertise.
- Flexible & convenient. For individuals, we offer a range of options including online learning, half-day workshops and multi-month courses. Enroll in programs that fit your schedule and goals. For organizations, we develop a customized training program based on your needs and objectives.
- Variety. There is no shortage of topics offered at PCC’s CLIMB Center. From hands-on business mentorship, to professional development training to entry-level healthcare training, there is a diverse offering of workshops and courses to help you reach your professional, personal, or organizational goals.
- Mission-driven. As a part of PCC, we care about providing educational opportunities that serve you and our community.
Explore What PCC CLIMB Offers
Institute for Health Professionals
Start your career in healthcare, enroll in CEUs for health professionals, prepare for national exams, and complete comprehensive health certificate programs.
Small Business Development Center
Launch and grow your small business through no-cost, one-on-one business advising and affordable business education.
Professional Development & Training
Develop and improve your professional skills for today’s workplace.
CLIMB News and Announcements
- How is career planning different than a job search?
- Tue, 11 Dec 2018
Over the course of a 40-year career, you are likely to spend 100,000 hours of your life working.
The hours of your life that you spend working will largely dictate whether or not you find it easy to be a happy person. They’ll have an impact on your health, your relationships and your finances. Those 100,000 hours will also have an impact on the world.
- How to Become a Dental Assistant in Oregon
- Tue, 04 Dec 2018
Considering becoming a dental assistant? You’re not alone. The industry is continuously growing, with an estimated 65,000 more dental assistants needed by 2026. Dental assistants play a significant role as a member of the dental health care team, increasing the efficiency of the dentist in a number of ways. They provide patient care, take x-rays, assist with dental procedures, and handle other routine tasks.
- 11 Ways to Jump Start Your Professional Development Today
- Tue, 04 Dec 2018
Regardless of what field you are in, whether you hold a professional license, or continuing education is required for your profession, everyone benefits from professional development on a regular basis. Proactively completing formal learning and development demonstrates initiative to your manager, and if you are the manager, it sets a great example for your staff.
- View more ...