Get in touch
Continuous Learning for Individuals, Management & Business
PCC CLIMB Center for Advancement delivers Continuing Education learning opportunities for individuals – and workforce solutions and customized training for organizations throughout Portland. CLIMB is a central hub for noncredit courses, workshops and certifications that help elevate careers – offering specialized training from experts in their respective fields. Prospective students and enrollees can expect:
- Real-world experience. Our certifications, workshops and courses are taught by practicing subject-matter experts. Learn from instructors who have worked in their field of expertise.
- Flexible & convenient. For individuals, we offer a range of options including online learning, half-day workshops and multi-month courses. Enroll in programs that fit your schedule and goals. For organizations, we develop a customized training program based on your needs and objectives.
- Variety. There is no shortage of topics offered at PCC’s CLIMB Center. From hands-on business mentorship, to professional development training to entry-level healthcare training, there is a diverse offering of workshops and courses to help you reach your professional, personal, or organizational goals.
- Mission-driven. As a part of PCC, we care about providing educational opportunities that serve you and our community.
Explore What PCC CLIMB Offers
Institute for Health Professionals
Start your career in healthcare, enroll in CEUs for health professionals, prepare for national exams, and complete comprehensive health certificate programs.
Small Business Development Center
Launch and grow your small business through no-cost, one-on-one business advising and affordable business education.
Professional Development & Training
Develop and improve your professional skills for today’s workplace.
CLIMB News and Announcements
- Meet Your Instructor: Robyn Gobbel
- Sat, 05 Jan 2019
- Robyn Gobbel is part of the Institute for Health Professionals team at PCC and an instructor with the Interpersonal Neurobiology program.
- Meet Our Newest Advisor: Kim Allchurch-Flick
- Wed, 26 Dec 2018
Kim Allchurch-Flick begins her work with the PCC Small Business Develop Center in January 2019. She will be the cohort lead for the Encore & Solo Business Builders Program.
- How the Sister Sciences of Yoga and Ayurveda Overlap
- Wed, 26 Dec 2018
Both yoga and Ayurveda have their roots in India, where they are commonly practiced as ways to improve the health of both the body and mind and prepare oneself for liberation. Though each of these sciences has been used for thousands of years, they have become more popular in Western cultures over the past few decades. By 2020, it is estimated that the Yoga industry in the US will reach $11.6 billion and the global Ayurveda market is not far behind. From a variety of yoga studios to herbs, spices and essential oils, the value of these practices is blossoming across the United States.
- View more ...