Get in touch
Continuous Learning for Individuals, Management & Business
PCC CLIMB Center for Advancement delivers Continuing Education learning opportunities for individuals – and workforce solutions and customized training for organizations throughout Portland. CLIMB is a central hub for noncredit courses, workshops and certifications that help elevate careers – offering specialized training from experts in their respective fields. Prospective students and enrollees can expect:
- Real-world experience. Our certifications, workshops and courses are taught by practicing subject-matter experts. Learn from instructors who have worked in their field of expertise.
- Flexible & convenient. For individuals, we offer a range of options including online learning, half-day workshops and multi-month courses. Enroll in programs that fit your schedule and goals. For organizations, we develop a customized training program based on your needs and objectives.
- Variety. There is no shortage of topics offered at PCC’s CLIMB Center. From hands-on business mentorship, to professional development training to entry-level healthcare training, there is a diverse offering of workshops and courses to help you reach your professional, personal, or organizational goals.
- Mission-driven. As a part of PCC, we care about providing educational opportunities that serve you and our community.
Explore What PCC CLIMB Offers
Institute for Health Professionals
Start your career in healthcare, enroll in CEUs for health professionals, prepare for national exams, and complete comprehensive health certificate programs.
Small Business Development Center
Launch and grow your small business through no-cost, one-on-one business advising and affordable business education.
Professional Development & Training
Develop and improve your professional skills for today’s workplace.
CLIMB News and Announcements
- What to Expect as a Patient Access Specialist
- Thu, 13 Dec 2018
We’ve all faced the dread that comes with going to a doctor or hospital. And in some cases, a poor first impression is all it takes someone for someone to turn around and leave, even if it means missing out on necessary treatment. That first impression is everything - and it’s what you’ll be able to provide as a patient access specialist.
- Meet Your Instructor: Kimberly Phillips
- Wed, 12 Dec 2018
Meet Your Instructor: Kimberly Phillips, BA, MOT, CCRP
Kimberly Phillips is an instructor in the Foundations of Clinical Research program. She teaches courses on protocol overview, sample protocols, project management, data analysis/publication, and safety monitoring.
- How is career planning different than a job search?
- Tue, 11 Dec 2018
Over the course of a 40-year career, you are likely to spend 100,000 hours of your life working.
The hours of your life that you spend working will largely dictate whether or not you find it easy to be a happy person. They’ll have an impact on your health, your relationships and your finances. Those 100,000 hours will also have an impact on the world.
- View more ...