Continuous Learning for Individuals, Management & Business
PCC CLIMB Center for Advancement delivers Continuing Education learning opportunities for individuals – and workforce solutions and customized training for organizations throughout Portland. CLIMB is a central hub for noncredit courses, workshops and certifications that help elevate careers – offering specialized training from experts in their respective fields. Prospective students and enrollees can expect:
- Real-world experience. Our certifications, workshops and courses are taught by practicing subject-matter experts. Learn from instructors who have worked in their field of expertise.
- Flexible & convenient. For individuals, we offer a range of options including online learning, half-day workshops and multi-month courses. Enroll in programs that fit your schedule and goals. For organizations, we develop a customized training program based on your needs and objectives.
- Variety. There is no shortage of topics offered at PCC’s CLIMB Center. From hands-on business mentorship, to professional development training to entry-level healthcare training, there is a diverse offering of workshops and courses to help you reach your professional, personal, or organizational goals.
- Mission-driven. As a part of PCC, we care about providing educational opportunities that serve you and our community.
Explore What PCC CLIMB Offers
Institute for Health Professionals
Start your career in healthcare, enroll in CEUs for health professionals, prepare for national exams, and complete comprehensive health certificate programs.
Small Business Development Center
Launch and grow your small business through no-cost, one-on-one business advising and affordable business education.
Professional Development & Training
Develop and improve your professional skills for today’s workplace.
CLIMB News and Announcements
- Tips to Run A Restaurant More Efficiently, from Restaurant Business Builders
- Wed, 20 Mar 2019
Restaurant Business Builders is our once-per-year course created specifically for current or aspiring restauranteurs. It doesn't matter if you have a brick and mortar location, or a food truck, or are currently in the planning stage. The fundamental restaurant-centric business practices applied in this program, and curated with the support of Portland foodie experts, will help restauranteurs improve business practices, identify efficiencies and avoid trial and error - while developing support from a network of mentors and peers. Restaurant Business Builders is accepting participants for the next program, beginning in April. To commemorate, we're assembling content from several blogs that our experts have produced over the years:
- PCC IHP Herbalism Program Teaches You How to Use Herbs to Promote Health and Wellness
- Tue, 12 Mar 2019
As society drifts towards a more inclusive understanding of health, seemingly more attention has turned to natural ways to manage it. In fact, two-thirds of Americans state that herbal remedies will take centerstage in the management of their health in the coming year. As these individuals incorporate herbs into their daily diet, they may also be able to reduce their reliance on traditional medications — and potentially leave the side effects behind.
- PCC Institute for Health Professionals- IPNB program overview
- Fri, 08 Mar 2019
The brain is an important and incredibly complex organ - and only in recent decades have we begun to understand many of its intricacies. It's no surprising that the behaviors and actions of others have been confounding us for most of our lives! The brain plays a critical role in nearly every major body system, and some of its main functions include processing sensory information, regulating blood pressure and breathing and releasing hormones. But beyond regulating physical tasks, our brains also have a role in how we perceive people and our environment, how we remember (and forget), how we may act and think differently than someone else - and how were interact with others in our daily lives.
- View more ...