Continuous Learning for Individuals, Management & Business
PCC CLIMB Center for Advancement delivers Continuing Education learning opportunities for individuals – and workforce solutions and customized training for organizations throughout Portland. CLIMB is a central hub for noncredit courses, workshops and certifications that help elevate careers – offering specialized training from experts in their respective fields. Prospective students and enrollees can expect:
- Real-world experience. Our certifications, workshops and courses are taught by practicing subject-matter experts. Learn from instructors who have worked in their field of expertise.
- Flexible & convenient. For individuals, we offer a range of options including online learning, half-day workshops and multi-month courses. Enroll in programs that fit your schedule and goals. For organizations, we develop a customized training program based on your needs and objectives.
- Variety. There is no shortage of topics offered at PCC’s CLIMB Center. From hands-on business mentorship, to professional development training to entry-level healthcare training, there is a diverse offering of workshops and courses to help you reach your professional, personal, or organizational goals.
- Mission-driven. As a part of PCC, we care about providing educational opportunities that serve you and our community.
Explore What PCC CLIMB Offers
Institute for Health Professionals
Start your career in healthcare, enroll in CEUs for health professionals, prepare for national exams, and complete comprehensive health certificate programs.
Small Business Development Center
Launch and grow your small business through no-cost, one-on-one business advising and affordable business education.
Professional Development & Training
Develop and improve your professional skills for today’s workplace.
CLIMB News and Announcements
- Clinical Research Graduate Demonstrates the value of the relationship between PCC Institute for Health Professionals and Providence
- Mon, 11 Feb 2019
Sometimes finding a fulfilling career doesn't follow a uniform A-to-B trajectory. Such was the case for Cynthia Trinidad, one of our first Clinical Research internship recipients, who initially graduated with a degree in psychology from the University of Oregon, but wasn’t sure where to go once she entered the workforce. Her passion for people led her to a career in the healthcare industry where she started as a CNA. She originally hoped to grow her skillset into nursing, until she realized she had a passion for research.
- How to Support Families Affected by Perinatal Mood Disorders and Birth Trauma
- Fri, 08 Feb 2019
One of the most beautiful times in a woman's life is the birth of her children, but certain events can impact the birthing experience. This can lead to perinatal mood and anxiety disorders (PMAD) - affecting nearly 1 million women annually - which can cause women significant stress and even prolong the healing process.
- Introduction to Retail Small Business Management
- Thu, 24 Jan 2019
How will you drive your retail business growth this year?
That’s a question facing all retail business owners - and a problem we help to solve for small businesses registered in the Retail Small Business Management program.
- View more ...