Get in touch
Continuous Learning for Individuals, Management & Business
PCC CLIMB Center for Advancement delivers continuous learning opportunities for individuals and customized training for organizations throughout the Portland, OR metro region and beyond.
- Real-world experience. Our workshops and courses are taught by practicing subject-matter experts. Learn from instructors who have worked in their field of expertise.
- Flexible & convenient. For individuals, we offer half-day workshops to multi-month courses. Enroll in programs that fit your schedule and goals. For organizations, we develop a training program based on your needs and objectives.
- Variety. There is no shortage of topics offered at PCC CLIMB. From professional Microsoft Excel training to Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) training, there is a diverse offering of workshops and courses to help you reach your professional, personal, or organizational goals.
- Mission-driven. As a part of PCC, we care about providing educational opportunities that serve you and our community.
Explore What PCC CLIMB Offers
Institute for Health Professionals
Start your career in healthcare, enroll in CEUs for health professionals, prepare for national exams, and complete comprehensive health certificate programs.
Small Business Development Center
Launch and grow your small business through no-cost, one-on-one business advising and affordable business education.
Professional Development & Training
Develop and improve your professional skills for today’s workplace.
CLIMB News and Announcements
- 7 Questions to Ask Yourself Before Starting a Business
- Mon, 02 Jul 2018
Starting a small business can be a daunting process, and being underprepared can spell disaster. If you’re thinking about starting a business, ask yourself these questions first.
- [Infographic] Is a Pharmacy Technician Job in Your Future?
- Thu, 28 Jun 2018
Are you exploring entry-level healthcare opportunities and interested in looking into becoming a Pharmacy Technician?
A pharmacy technician works under a pharmacist's direction in retail pharmacies, hospitals, long-term care facilities, pharmaceutical companies and other health care facilities. They fill orders for patients, manage third party insurance reimbursements and complete an array of other related tasks. The Institute for Health Professionals Pharmacy Technician Program is a two part course totaling
160 hours and combines online learning with onsite lab practicums.
- Food Entrepreneur: Betsy Walton
- Wed, 27 Jun 2018
With 22 years as a retail store manager and 17 years in Apparel Product Management at Adidas, Betsy Walton knows her way around a store. About a decade ago she decided to leave all of that behind and strike out on her own in the food production business. For 8 years she was the owner of "Our Favorite Foods LLC" -- a local pickle maker. Today she teaches and advises other food entrepreneurs through the Getting Your Recipe to Market class for the PCC Small Business Development Center.
- View more ...