Get in touch
Continuous Learning for Individuals, Management & Business
PCC CLIMB Center for Advancement delivers continuous learning opportunities for individuals and customized training for organizations throughout the Portland, Oregon metro region and beyond. Housing programs including the Institute for Health Professionals, the Small Business Development Center, Professional Development and Training and Customized Workforce Development and Training – CLIMB is a central hub for noncredit courses, workshops and certifications that help elevate careers and/or personal growth with specialized training from experts in their respective fields. Prospective students and enrollees can expect:
- Real-world experience. Our workshops and courses are taught by practicing subject-matter experts. Learn from instructors who have worked in their field of expertise.
- Flexible & convenient. For individuals, we offer half-day workshops to multi-month courses. Enroll in programs that fit your schedule and goals. For organizations, we develop a training program based on your needs and objectives.
- Variety. There is no shortage of topics offered at PCC CLIMB. From professional Microsoft Excel training to Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) training, there is a diverse offering of workshops and courses to help you reach your professional, personal, or organizational goals.
- Mission-driven. As a part of PCC, we care about providing educational opportunities that serve you and our community.
Explore What PCC CLIMB Offers
Institute for Health Professionals
Start your career in healthcare, enroll in CEUs for health professionals, prepare for national exams, and complete comprehensive health certificate programs.
Small Business Development Center
Launch and grow your small business through no-cost, one-on-one business advising and affordable business education.
Professional Development & Training
Develop and improve your professional skills for today’s workplace.
CLIMB News and Announcements
- SBDC - Grow Your Business Growth FAST! Learn How with an SBDC Orientation
- Wed, 10 Oct 2018
Orientations offered by PCC’s Small Business Development Center (at no cost!) are a great way to learn about the opportunities we offer to help you turn your business idea into action. A typical orientation includes a small group of future entrepreneurs – but may also include sole-proprietors and small business owners seeking to find efficient, practical and effective solutions to common business-related challenges. You’ll leave our 2-hour orientation having identified new resources, and with an action plan to guide your next steps.
- Instructor Spotlight: David Kohl, Global Trade Liaison
- Sun, 30 Sep 2018
Global Trade Liaison, David Kohl, enjoys working with a wide range of businesses to assist them in understanding the opportunities and challenges related to global trade. He feels gratified when facilitating an increased perspective that leads to business success both domestically AND internationally. Here is his story. . .
- Pass the State Licensing Exam for the State of Oregon, Learn How Real Estate Works in the Real World
- Fri, 07 Sep 2018
Jerry Lasselle is an instructor for PCC’s real estate broker test prep course and has taught the course for more than ten years. He’s worked as an accountant for a large national CPA firm and also as a staff attorney for large Northwest law firm. He’s lived in Portland all his life and says he’s amazed at the many changes the city has experienced. We recently checked in with him to learn more about his experience with real estate and what continues to inspire his interest.
- View more ...