Get in touch
Continuous Learning for Individuals, Management & Business
PCC CLIMB Center for Advancement delivers continuous learning opportunities for individuals and customized training for organizations throughout the Portland, OR metro region and beyond.
- Real-world experience. Our workshops and courses are taught by practicing subject-matter experts. Learn from instructors who have worked in their field of expertise.
- Flexible & convenient. For individuals, we offer half-day workshops to multi-month courses. Enroll in programs that fit your schedule and goals. For organizations, we develop a training program based on your needs and objectives.
- Variety. There is no shortage of topics offered at PCC CLIMB. From professional Microsoft Excel training to Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) training, there is a diverse offering of workshops and courses to help you reach your professional, personal, or organizational goals.
- Mission-driven. As a part of PCC, we care about providing educational opportunities that serve you and our community.
Explore What PCC CLIMB Offers
Institute for Health Professionals
Start your career in healthcare, enroll in CEUs for health professionals, prepare for national exams, and complete comprehensive health certificate programs.
Small Business Development Center
Launch and grow your small business through no-cost, one-on-one business advising and affordable business education.
Professional Development & Training
Develop and improve your professional skills for today’s workplace.
CLIMB News and Announcements
- Mindfulness as a Practical Tool for Anxiety and Depression
- Thu, 19 Apr 2018
Mindfulness is the practice of being self-aware and truly present. While everyone has the ability to be “mindful,” it takes time and persistence to unlock the positive impact that mindfulness can have on mental health.
PCC’s Institute for Health Professionals has mental and behavioral health classes that include mindfulness as a tool, which can be extremely valuable and empowering when treating patients with anxiety and depression.
- Grow Your Practice (and Ease Your Own Pain) with Soft Tissue Release
- Tue, 10 Apr 2018
Many CLIMB programs help small businesses to expand opportunities and develop additional revenue streams. One of our latest workshops enables body and movement professionals to teach individuals and group classes the sports massage techniques of soft tissue release.
Soft tissue release techniques are safe and effective manual therapies designed to ease pain — for both you and your clients. Whether you are a massage therapist or athletic trainer, a yoga instructor or a nurse, you can use these techniques in your practice and even on yourself to treat a wide range of painful conditions.
- New Course Explores Medication Assisted Treatment of Opioid Use Disorders
- Tue, 03 Apr 2018
by Nick Reguero, CADCII, LPC
Can you take a drug and still be clean?
Or perhaps, a better question may be: does medication assisted treatment promote recovery?
Before we even attempt to answer these questions, we should get a lay of the land.
- View more ...