Get in touch
Continuous Learning for Individuals, Management & Business
PCC CLIMB Center for Advancement delivers continuous learning opportunities for individuals and customized training for organizations throughout the Portland, OR metro region and beyond.
- Real-world experience. Our workshops and courses are taught by practicing subject-matter experts. Learn from instructors who have worked in their field of expertise.
- Flexible & convenient. For individuals, we offer half-day workshops to multi-month courses. Enroll in programs that fit your schedule and goals. For organizations, we develop a training program based on your needs and objectives.
- Variety. There is no shortage of topics offered at PCC CLIMB. From professional Microsoft Excel training to Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) training, there is a diverse offering of workshops and courses to help you reach your professional, personal, or organizational goals.
- Mission-driven. As a part of PCC, we care about providing educational opportunities that serve you and our community.
Explore What PCC CLIMB Offers
Institute for Health Professionals
Start your career in healthcare, enroll in CEUs for health professionals, prepare for national exams, and complete comprehensive health certificate programs.
Small Business Development Center
Launch and grow your small business through no-cost, one-on-one business advising and affordable business education.
Professional Development & Training
Develop and improve your professional skills for today’s workplace.
CLIMB News and Announcements
- Looking to Enter the Healthcare Field in 2018?
- Thu, 15 Mar 2018
Due to a continuously growing demand for healthcare services, healthcare job opportunities continue to be among the fastest growing in the nation. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, out of the 20 fastest growing jobs in the United States, 11 of those positions are in healthcare.
Employees are needed for all levels of positions, from entry-level to high-level administrators. People from unique backgrounds and with a variety of skills and life experiences are vital to ensure all community members receive quality healthcare.
- 3 Steps to Drive Organizational Change in a Non-Management Role
- Wed, 14 Mar 2018
Organizational change is almost always difficult, and if you’re trying to encourage it from a non-leadership or non-management position, it can be even more challenging. However, there are strategies that can help you be successful in persuading others to adopt change.
PCC CLIMB offers a variety of classes in leadership skills, relationship management and networking that can help you be more effective when working with others to advance your ideas. In this post, we’ll take a look at three specific ways you can drive organizational change, even if you’re in a non-management role.
- What’s the Difference Between a Bookkeeper and an Accountant?
- Thu, 08 Mar 2018
When it comes to starting a business, there are few roles as important as your bookkeeper and accountant. Sound bookkeeping and accounting are vital for small businesses to get up and running, and to maintain their financial stability.
Bookkeeping and accounting professionals perform a number of tasks that are essential for your business, including having your books in order, staying in compliance, filing taxes on time and correctly, managing payroll, and more. If you’re considering starting a new business or are already in the beginning stages, you might be concerned that you don’t have the right professional to manage them. Do you need an accountant or a bookkeeper to take on these crucial functions?
- View more ...