CCOG for VIR 122 Fall 2023
- Course Number:
- VIR 122
- Course Title:
- Vascular Procedures II
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course student should be able to:
- Identify basic anatomical indicators and patho-physiological precursors associated with procedures for cardiology, interventional radiology and neurology.
- Determine appropriate interventional supplies for cardiology, interventional radiology and neurology procedures.
Course Activities and Design
1. Understand and recognize via imaging the anatomical precursors for interventional procedures for the following modalities..
b. Interventional Radiology
Outcome Assessment Strategies
1. Recognition of disease via imaging
2. Quizzes associated with each modality containing imaging and text description
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
1. Basic disease and precursors for interventions in all modalities
a. Understanding when intervention is necessitated (novice level of understanding)
*patient symptoms, anatomical changes, physiological changes, quality of life changes, data associated with both options