CCOG for SPA 272A Winter 2022
- Course Number:
- SPA 272A
- Course Title:
- Readings in Spanish Literature (Spain)
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon successful completion of SPA 272A, students should be able to:
- Analyze, through writing and discussion, diverse literature by Spaniards and/or about Spain.
- Identify notable literary works and authors representative of the eras, geographic regions and/or social issues being studied
- Identify distinct literary voices
- Identify specific cultural norms, perspectives, and forms of expression in literary works by Spaniards and/or about Spain.
- Examine one’s own cultural filters in reference to cultural practices and perspectives presented in the literature
Course Activities and Design
Students must attend regularly and come to class having read assigned selections and having prepared any assigned exercises, reflections and so on. Written work is required and the course will be conducted entirely in Spanish.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
The course grade is determined by an assessment of improvement in the student's ability to understand and analyze literary texts and by oral participation, preparation, and written work done by the student during the term.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Students will improve skills in reading, analysis, and discussion of Spanish-language texts. Improvement in speaking and writing skills as well as increased understanding of cultural issues are goals in this course as well.