CCOG for SPA 213C Winter 2023
- Course Number:
- SPA 213C
- Course Title:
- Intermediate Spanish Conversation
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Addendum to Course Description
Spanish 213C is a second-year level course designed to improve student’s ability to converse in Spanish. It provides opportunity to practice the structures and vocabulary students have encountered or are encountering in their second-year Spanish course. This course is a good review course for students who wish to prepare for further study in Spanish or for those traveling to a Spanish-speaking country. This is a one-credit transferable course, and it counts as an elective for the associate degrees.
Intended Outcomes for the course
- Initiates, sustains and brings to a close a number of basic, uncomplicated communicative exchanges.
- Creates with the language by combining language elements in discrete sentences and string of sentences.
- Recognizes and appreciates linguistic and cultural diversity within the Hispanic world.
Course Activities and Design
After the introduction to the course, Spanish will be used in the classroom at all times.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Students will be assessed by any combination of the following:
- Active participation in class
- Interactive student role-plays
- Individual and group presentation
- Oral interviews with partners or instructor
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Include all or most of the following:
- Education and job search
- Art, music and movies
- Talking about the future and conditions: the future and conditional tenses
- The subjunctive in present, imperfect and pluperfect
Competencies and Skills
- Manages personal interaction in predictable settings.
- Discusses activities in present with accuracy, and in past tense with difficulty.
- Uses commands and subjunctive in mostly memorized phrases.
- Recognizes and appreciates cultural and linguistic differences in the Spanish speaking world.
- Comprehends native speech in a contextualized setting.
- Makes herself/himself understood by native speaker unaccustomed to dealing with non-native speakers.