CCOG for PL 219 Winter 2022
- Course Number:
- PL 219
- Course Title:
- Contract and Consumer Law
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Addendum to Course Description
An elective satisfying the requirements of either a Legal Assistant Certificate or an Associate of Applied Science degree.
Intended Outcomes for the course
- Analyze the elements and essentials of contract claims
- Identify and analyze defenses to contract claims
Understand, evaluate and draft basic contract provisions
Analyze and understand essentials of selected consumer law claims and defenses
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Student grades will be based on understanding of course material and ability to apply it to novel fact situations as demonstrated by their
performance on essay format mini-tests/quizzes, mid-term and final exams, and by class participation.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Use critical thinking skills to:
* Recognize form and purpose of different parts of statutes.
* Determine whether parties, transactions or goods are within the
scope of a particular act.
* Determine whether substantive provisions have been violated.
* Apply indeterminate and/or conflicting canons of construction to
make abstract rules fit concrete circumstances.
* Analyze options where more than one remedy is available, including
* Compute statute of limitations and damages.
* Communicate regarding all of the above orally and in writing.