CCOG for PE 295 Fall 2022
- Course Number:
- PE 295
- Course Title:
- Health and Fitness for Life Lab
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Addendum to Course Description
Students taking PE 295 to complete the Health/Wellness/Fitness requirement of the AAOT Degree or the Health requirement of the AS Degree are required to take HE 295. It is encouraged, though not required, to take these courses during the same term. In this course students evaluate their personal health & fitness status, participate in cardio, muscle, flexibility, and back health components of fitness, and relate their experiences to a lifelong health, fitness, and wellness lifestyle. Health and Fitness Lab is a transferable course and accommodations are made for students with disabilities.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Evaluate their fitness status.
- Make informed choices in choosing exercise programs to maintain or improve their levels in the five components of physical fitness.
- Make informed lifestyle choices that will maintain their physical fitness throughout their lives.
Course Activities and Design
- Improve physical condition and personal wellness
- Ability to design a lifelong fitness program
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Pre-testing and post-testing of physical fitness
- Records, journals or portfolios documenting activities and progression
- Document consistent participation in a variety of activities
- Presentation of personal fitness program (written report, demonstrations)
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Benefits and principles of cardiovascular fitness
- Benefits and principles of muscular strength and endurance training
- Benefits and principles of flexibility training
- Benefits and principles of body composition
- General safety issues in fitness programs