CCOG for PE 185T Winter 2022
- Course Number:
- PE 185T
- Course Title:
- Intermediate Flag Football
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Addendum to Course Description
Classes will be conducted in large groups for lecture, demonstration, participation and competitive play. In addition, the class may be divided into small groups and individuals for skill development and practice. Only rubber cleats will be allowed.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course the student should be able:
- Demonstrate an intermediate level of knowledge of offensive and defensive schemes and tactics.
- Continue to improve individual and team flag football skills.
Recognize and apply the value and benefits of flag football as a life long fitness activity.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
1. Safe and effective warm-up, stretching, and cool down exercises
2. Football stance for line and backfield
3. Blocking, forward passing and center
4. Offensive schemes: play action and 3,5,7 step passing
4. Defensive schemes: Player coverage and 2,3,4 coverage
5. Punt, kick-off and kick reciving
6. Variety of running and passing plays
7. Defending the run
8. Defending the pass