CCOG for PE 183D Summer 2022
- Course Number:
- PE 183D
- Course Title:
- Introduction to Rock Climbing
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Improve overall physical conditioning through participation in rock climbing, including but not limited to improvements in cardiorespiratory fitness, muscle fitness, and flexibility.
- Perform safe and effective rock climbing skills and techniques.
- Apply learned terminology, principles, skills and techniques when rock climbing.
- Develop a lifelong fitness, health, and wellness program that incorporates rock climbing activities.
Experience the relationship of the mind, body and spirit.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
? Pre/post fitness testing
? Individual fitness programs
? Active Participation & Attendance
? Demonstrations of proficiency
? Assignments and/or exams
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
? Basic rock climbing safety & etiquette
? Terminology, proper gear and use of both
? Skills in bouldering and climbing movement
? Body awareness
? Connection of sport and environmental concerns associated with the activity