CCOG for PE 162L Fall 2022
- Course Number:
- PE 162L
- Course Title:
- Brazilian Jiu Jitsu III
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Continues to expand knowledge, application and skills in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Builds upon fundamentals and techniques explored in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu II. Introduces Brazilian Jiu Jitsu leadership concepts and skills. Recommended: PE 162K or instructor approval. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Improve overall physical conditioning through participation in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, including but not limited to, improvements in cardio-respiratory fitness, muscle fitness, and flexibility.
- Perform safe and effective BJJ self defense skills and movements at an advanced level.
- Apply learned skills, techniques and knowledge in belt rank advancement tests.
- Apply acquired skills, techniques and knowledge in self defense situations.
- Develop a lifelong fitness, health, and wellness program.
- Explain, demonstrate, and evaluate Brazilian Jiu Jitsu skill and movement in a leadership setting.
- Experience the relationship of the mind, body and spirit.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Attendance and Participation
- Practical Exams
- Skill Assessment (via demonstration)
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Course Content: Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills
- Practice proper warm-ups and cool-downs
- Increase range of motion activities
- Basic sparring movements, including defensive and offensive movements
- Endurance development
- Body awareness, mechanics and alignment
- Leadership, instruction, and evaluation of BJJ skills