CCOG for PE 140B Winter 2022
- Course Number:
- PE 140B
- Course Title:
- Boxing II
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Addendum to Course Description
Boxing gloves and hand wrap are required for this course
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
Develop a physical fitness plan that includes boxing.
Distinguish a professional boxing match from a workout in order to determine appropriate gear, rules, etiquette and length.
- Apply fundamental rules of engagement, strategies and tactics of the sport.
- Further increase levels of aerobic and anaerobic fitness, agility, coordination, and flexibility.
- Continue development of life-long fitness, health and wellness by incorporating boxing.
Course Activities and Design
- Continued improvement of overall physical conditioning through Boxing techniques
- Perform safe and effective Boxing techniques
- Continued development of life-long fitness, health and wellness
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Pre/post fitness testing
- Individual fitness programs
- Active participation /effort
- Demonstrations of proficiency
- Written assignments and/or exams
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Practice safe and effective warm-ups and cool-downs
- Intensity monitoring via target heart rate, Rate of Perceived Exertion (RPE), and talk test method
- Components of fitness-related physical fitness and their benefits for life-long fitness
- Personal fitness assessment
- Personal fitness program design
- Modify exercises and activities for varying physical conditions and individual fitness levels