CCOG for PE 100X Summer 2022
- Course Number:
- PE 100X
- Course Title:
- TRX Suspension Training
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Addendum to Course Description
General class format includes SMR (self-myofascial release), dynamic warm-ups, mobility movements followed by muscular endurance and strength exercises followed by a cool-down. Each student supplies his/her own athletic clothing. Clothing should be loose and comfortable fitting for exercise. Shoes are mandatory and should be designed for indoor aerobic/cross-training exercises.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Improve overall physical conditioning through participation in TRX exercises, including but not limited to, improvement in cardiorespiratory fitness, muscle strength, flexibility, stability, and mobility.
- Perform safe and effective TRX fitness exercises in group or individual settings.
- Apply the 6-6-3 (six body positions, six procedures, three principles of progression) suspension training principle in TRX workouts.
- Develop a lifelong fitness, health, and wellness program that incorporates TRX and other suspension training fitness exercises.
To inspire and build body confidence to each participant where they feel more stable and thus able to move more freely. The TRX straps give you the freedom of mobility. You are able to move around differently than you would be able to on your own, creating a foundation for core stability which is crucial to enjoy everyday life.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Pre/post fitness testing
- Individual fitness programs
- Active Participation
- Demonstrations of proficiency
- Assignments and/or exams
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Practice safe and effective warm-ups and cool-downs
- Intensity monitoring via target heart rate, Rate of Perceived Exertion (RPE), and talk test methods
- Learning to identify the core muscles and how they support the body in movement
- Components of fitness-related physical fitness and their benefits for lifelong fitness
- Principles of exercise training
- Safety concepts when using the TRX suspension trainer (exercises, environment, equipment, progression)
- Personal fitness assessment
- Goal-setting for fitness
- Modify exercises and activities for varying physical conditions and individual fitness levels