CCOG for PE 10 Summer 2022
- Course Number:
- PE 10
- Course Title:
- Physical Education Activity Program
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Addendum to Course Description
Additional Purposes of PE Activity Program:
1. Allow a variety program for the student not wishing
traditional, transferable credit.
2. Serve as activity vehicle for students unable to enroll
in normal course offerings.
3. Promote independent/individual approach to fitness.
4. Develop activities geared to individual differences.
5. Serve as catalyst for student desiring future
enrollment in traditional, transfer course.
6. Allow general enrollment for any indoor and outdoor PE
facility usage (with or without credit).
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Improve physical and cardiovascular conditioning
- Develop a lifelong fitness, health and wellness program
Course Activities and Design
At the beginning of each term, students should complete initial
check-in and paperwork. A meeting with an instructor may be
required and special programs may be created in instances of
special need. It is in the best interest of the physical
education staff and the student that participants are aware of
safety, time availability, proper techniques, etc.
Participation must take place on the campus where the student
initially checked in, except for instructor approved exceptions.
Students may use open PE facilities when no instructional classes
are scheduled for that facility, and when approved staff are on
duty if assistance is needed. In other words, unless previously
arranged, credit will not be given for personalized programs off
Students must provide appropriate clothing for activities in
which they participate.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Attendance and Participation - 100% A handout explaining grading
procedures will be given to students at initial check-in.
Although policies may vary between campuses, the following
procedures are generally used to determine grade:
1. Only one credit may be earned per term
2. Only one validation may be earned per day
3. A minimum of 110 minutes of participation per week is
required for 11 weeks.
4. This requirement may be completed in three workouts per
week at 37 minutes or two workouts per week of 55
5. Students must sign in and out with the locker attendant
when using the facilities,
6. Students enrolled in this program may use the
facilities at campuses other than the one for which
they registered. However, before doing so, they are
required to pay the special fee (use of lock,
basket and towel) for the additional campus as they did
for their home campus.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
1.0 PHYSICAL PARTICIPATION
Demonstrate skills in various fitness activities/individual/team
sports without undue stress on the body.
1.1 Demonstrate knowledge of course policies and procedures
with regard to the following:
a. Class dress/attire
b. Class attendance
c. Equipment check-out
d. Safety requirements for equipment and facilities
2.0 PROGRAM AVAILABILITY
The goal is to gain knowledge and skills in the various
activities for course completion.
2.1 Design a well-rounded program from the following
d. Racquet sports
e. Stationary bicycle
h. Weight training/circuit
j. Others by arrangement and availability
3.0 OPTIONAL - FACILITY USAGE ONLY
To give students an opportunity to use facilities at open times.
Knowledge of basic procedures and safety considerations
a. Basic check-in
b. Fee payment requirement and use of identification
c. Access to schedules for open facilities use.