CCOG for MUS 220E Winter 2022
- Course Number:
- MUS 220E
- Course Title:
- Chorus V
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Perform choral repertoire to a public audience as a member of a large vocal ensemble using an intermediate/advanced understanding of musicianship and performance etiquette.
- Prepare and rehearse choral repertoire as a member of a large vocal ensemble using an intermediate/advanced understanding of music literacy.
- Follow a conductor, annotate music, and be a contributing member of a large vocal ensemble during rehearsal using an intermediate/advanced understanding of rehearsal techniques and etiquette.
- Accurately interpret vocal music in performance using an intermediate/advanced understanding of stylistic differences in choral repertoire.
- Continue to improve as a singer using an intermediate/advanced understanding of vocal range and type.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
The instructor should make the criteria for assigning a course grade and for evaluating student progress clear at the beginning of the term. The individual instructor will determine the methods of assessment. Assessment methods may include:A.Attendance B.Recital participation C.Concert report D.Class participation
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
SUBJECT MATTER:Vocal Genres:A.The classical repertoire B.Musical theatre C.Opera D.Jazz E.Multicultural and nonwestern works Phonetics for Learning Foreign Language Works Musicality and NotationA.Dynamics B.Diction C.Phrasing D.Articulation Conducting Patterns Solo Singing with Chorus AccompanimentCOMPETENCIES/SKILLS:The following skills are expected to be achieved to successfully meet the minimum requirement ("C" or "Pass") of the course.A.Attend rehearsals and learn individual parts(s) B.Follow musical ideas as instructed by chorus director. C.Learn, prepare and perform vocal music both aurally and from printed notation. D.Hold harmony in conjunction with other vocal parts. E.Accurately learn foreign language lyrics to choral works. F.Participate in final public performance.