CCOG for MUS 169F Summer 2022
- Course Number:
- MUS 169F
- Course Title:
- String Orchestra VI
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Addendum to Course Description
Instructor should assign repertoire according to individual abilities and available instrumentation. Works will be selected from the standard string repertoire.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students will be able to:
- Publicly perform advanced repertoire as a member of a string orchestra using musicianship skills and performance etiquette.
- Individually prepare and rehearse advanced repertoire as a member of a string orchestra utilizing an understanding of music literacy.
- Follow a conductor, annotate music, and be a contributing member of a string orchestra during rehearsal using an understanding of rehearsal techniques and etiquette.
- Accurately interpret instrumental music in performance and demonstrate an understanding of stylistic differences in repertoire.
- Use an advanced understanding of their instrument to continue to improve as a music performer.
Course Activities and Design
Rehearse string repertoire from the entire historical range of string music
Create and rehearse methods for practice and execution of string music
Address stylistic concerns in musical interpretation of string music
Rehearse and demonstrate performance etiquette in string music
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Methods used to evaluate student progress and the criteria for assigning a course letter grade should be made clear by the instructor at the beginning of the course. The individual instructor will determine the method of assessment. Assessment methods may include:
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
The following skills are expected to successfully meet the minimum requirement of "C" of "Pass" for the course.
Learn individual part(s) from printed music score.
Execute stylistic practices according to repertoire.
Work with other musicians to prepare and perform musical works.