CCOG for MUS 153A Winter 2022
- Course Number:
- MUS 153A
- Course Title:
- Musical Theatre Vocal
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
- Synergy of music, acting, movement, and storytelling through collaboration in order to understand completion of a goal through group effort.
- Creative problem-solving skills through collaboration.
- Understand and evaluate the hierarchy of roles within a production as it travels through the journey to reach the goal of performance.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Qualitative examination of musical execution of assigned part(s)
- Qualitative examination of musicianship as applied in rehearsal and performance.
- Public performance
- Attendance and participation
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
-Vocal performance of solo and ensemble vocal parts selected from standard musical theatre repertoire learned from printed vocal scores.
-Mechanics of singing on-stage (including projection, intonation, diction, tone production balance, dynamics and techniques for memorization)
-Stylistic interpretation as applied to genre(s) selected for performance.
-Music, drama and movement.
-Learn and perform individual part(s) from printed musical score.
-Execute stylistic and musical practices according to repertoire.
-Work and rehearse with others to prepare and execute public performance.
-Incorporate music with movement and dramatic text onstage.