CCOG for MUC 282 Fall 2023
- Course Number:
- MUC 282
- Course Title:
- Creative Coding II
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Provides intermediate-level computer programming for creative purposes, such as immersive experiences and installations, generative graphics and sound, and interactive applications and environments. Prerequisites: MUC 272. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students will be able to:
- Create complex, procedural motion graphic programs via textual programming using the computer environment Processing.
- Demonstrate intermediate-level knowledge of Java in order to work with Processing.
- Work collaboratively to deploy a complex audio/video integration.
- Identify new, useful tools and libraries, find the information needed to use them, and integrate them into projects.
- Work with debugging tools.
- Demonstrate ability to work with multiple threads and other optimization techniques.
Course Activities and Design
Material for the course will be presented in a lecture format along side hands-on lecture/lab work.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- In and out-of-class projects reviewed and evaluated by the instructor
- Instructor observations of student demonstrations of hands-on proficiency
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Integration with sound and light collaborators on a variety of platforms
- Complex 3D and 2D animation design
- Intermediate use of custom Java Classes
- Procedural animation design
- Threads / concurrency / performance optimization
- Debugging techniques
- Projection Mapping