CCOG for MUC 278 Fall 2022
- Course Number:
- MUC 278
- Course Title:
- Generative Art on the Web
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Addendum to Course Description
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon the completion of this course students should be able to:
- Publish creative work on the web using a variety of industry-standard tools.
- Effectively find, create, rip, and mash code.
- Write code in a variety of industry-relevant, web-supported languages.
- Describe the unique culture-shaping influence of the web and associated ethical considerations for web-coding creatives in a global community of diverse races, genders, and cultures.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Classroom conversations and activities
- Written thoughts, responses, critiques, reviews
- Project-based assignments
- Capstone web-based art project
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Fundamental programming concepts: data types, loops, arrays, variables and functions.
- Animation and motion graphic techniques.
- Introductory geometry