CCOG for MUC 275 Winter 2022
- Course Number:
- MUC 275
- Course Title:
- Creative Coding Capstone
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students will be able to:
- Design and realize a significant creative coding project.
- Design a custom hardware/sensor/interface system.
- Design a custom software system.
- Develop creative utilization/repurposing of multimedia content.
- Implement an original and complex multi-disciplinary design.
Course Activities and Design
This course is a large scale project with constant one on one guidance, help with project management, multidisciplinary research, fabrication resources, and cross-department collaboration as needed.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
A formal/final project presentation to a public audience.
Continual feedback from instructor, and professional feedback solicitation post final project presentation.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Initial concept proposal phase
- 6 hours per week of hands-on design, build-out and programming of a significantly complex and interdisciplinary concept.
- Iterative design approach
- Intermedia content utilizing skills from all areas of the Creative Coding curriculum (sound, light, video, motion capture)