CCOG for MUC 273 Fall 2023
- Course Number:
- MUC 273
- Course Title:
- Programming Interactive Video
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students will be able to:
- Perform live video manipulation, processing, and triggering.
- Map multiple 3-dimensional video sources using a single projector.
- Utilize knowledge of advanced aspects of live video processing techniques to transform color spaces, perform real-time video transformations, and to key, superimpose, and blend multiple video sources.
- Utilize virtual reality (VR) technology to implement world design and video mapping in 3-dimensional space.
- Manipulate live video utilizing sensors and Arduinos for gestural control.
- Analyze live video for use as a control source for sound, music, or other video/animation.
Course Activities and Design
Material for the course will be presented in a lecture format along side hands-on lecture/lab work.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- In and out-of-class projects reviewed and evaluated by the instructor
- Instructor observations of student demonstrations of hands-on proficiency
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Introduction to Jitter
Computer vision / blob tracking
Live video processing
Control - sensors/arduino, midi, OSC, HTTP
VR world/experience design - Introduction to Unity
- LED Matrices