CCOG for MUC 272 Fall 2022
- Course Number:
- MUC 272
- Course Title:
- Creative Coding I
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students will be able to:
Create motion graphics via textual programming using the computer language Processing.
Create procedural 2-D and 3-D vector and pixel based animations.
Demonstrate introductory knowledge in interfacing physical sensors with video and animation.
Map multiple video sources with one projector.
Process live video.
- Interface with data from the internet.
Course Activities and Design
Material for the course will be presented in a lecture format along side hands-on lecture/lab work.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- In and out-of-class projects reviewed and evaluated by the instructor
- Instructor observations of student demonstrations of hands-on proficiency
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Introduction to processing and textual programming and environment
- Drawing shapes and using coordinates
- Colorspace mapping
- Iterative loops
- Generative drawing
- Displaying video
- Integrating sensors and Arduinos with Processing
- Motion capture and image analysis
- Projection Mapping