CCOG for MUC 238 Winter 2022
- Course Number:
- MUC 238
- Course Title:
- Studio Recording Technology VI
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Covers advanced skills in audio engineering including a mixture of theory and practical application of current recording technology. Incorporates technology as an artistic tool to overcome creative barriers. Includes session management, critical listening, mixing, professional skills, and projects. This is the sixth course in a six-course sequence. Prerequisites: MUC 237. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Edit, mix and master in relevant form.
- Provide artistic insights when needed.
- Interface with varied equipment and data handling environments.
- Problem solve acoustic issues using mitigating materials and techniques.
- Understand effects and programming and their affect on phase and 3D imagery.
- Mitigate masking problems and master according to creative and artistic needs.
Course Activities and Design
- Critical listening activities
- Team-based projects
- Lab-based activities and projects
- Class participation, discussion, critique
- Final project
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Students' knowledge of commands and procedures are evaluated through the completion of projects and evaluated by the instructor. Labs are assessed by performance of applications.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Session management
- Critical listening
- Signal routing
- Business and professionalism
- Final project