CCOG for MUC 236 Winter 2022
- Course Number:
- MUC 236
- Course Title:
- Studio Recording Technology IV
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Detect and identify noise.
- Identify phase issues.
- Identify acoustical concerns when micing, mixing, and listening.
- Route audio through studio equipment in a variety of settings.
- Correctly handle mics, stands, and cables.
- Plan and execute recording and mixing sessions.
Course Activities and Design
- Critical listening activities
- Individual and team-based projects
- Lab-based activities and projects
- Class participation, discussion, critique
- Written exam
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Students will be tested on their understanding of terms, equipment and functions in a written exam. Labs are assessed on point accumulation based on command skills, application competency and critiques.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- People skills
- Critical listening
- Mixing, DAWs
- Signal routing
- Digital audio
- Session organizing