CCOG for MUC 185 Fall 2023
- Course Number:
- MUC 185
- Course Title:
- Introduction to Logic Pro
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Introduces the Logic Pro digital audio workstation (DAW). Covers fundamentals of navigating and effectively utilizing the software to record, edit, and mix audio as well as explore the basics of MIDI production in Logic Pro. Audit available.
Addendum to Course Description
This course is recommended for anyone taking Recording Technologies III through VI.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Install and configure a Logic Pro system.
- Navigate through the user interface of a Logic Pro system.
- Create, record, and route audio through various paths in the digital audio workstation (DAW).
- Edit audio utilizing hotkeys and shortcuts.
- Perform fundamental mix operations.
- Create MIDI instrument tracks and record with them.