CCOG for MUC 115 Fall 2022
- Course Number:
- MUC 115
- Course Title:
- Sonic Arts Singing Workshop
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Provides an opportunity to develop and prepare a vocal project for performance. Explores sound creation using voice as an instrument. Presents the material in the format of a master class. Audit available.
Addendum to Course Description
This is an intensive workshop designed for singers and musicians who want to develop their performance skill set in a short amount of time.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students will be able to:
- Use correct vocal production techniques.
- Explain artistic and aesthetic choices with regard to cultural and historical assumptions, associations, traditions, conventions; and to one's own voice, style and/or identity.
- Employ correct vocal production techniques.
- Demonstrate the ability to harmonize melodies through improvisation.
- Prepare and present an artistic vocal project for an audience.
Course Activities and Design
- Vocal warm-up exercises
- Discussion and analyzation of technical and artist development challenges
- Group singing using harmony and improvisation
- Performance of a solo artistic vocal project
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Class participation
- Critique of in-class rehearsals
- Student-instructor conferences
- Performance for an audience
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Vocal production techniques
- Gentle warm-up singing exercises
- Artist realization/personal style in a song for development of individual expression
- Preparation and performance of an artistic vocal project for an audience