CCOG for MUC 104 Winter 2022
- Course Number:
- MUC 104
- Course Title:
- Enclosures I: Tools & Processes
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Safely, properly, and effectively operate a variety of industry tools, such as drills, saws, laser cutters, CNC mills, and 3D printers.
- Produce virtual objects in industry-relevant software for material production.
- Enumerate basic design principles.
- Design and produce a physical enclosure.
Course Activities and Design
2. Experiential, hands-on, project-based learning
Outcome Assessment Strategies
1. Observation of student operation of tools.
2. Observation of student implementation of principles and processes.
3. Evaluation of student- designed and produced physical enclosures meeting specifications students determine with instructor guidance.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- CNC milling
- 3D printing
- laser cutting
- Design process