CCOG for MT 180 Summer 2022
- Course Number:
- MT 180
- Course Title:
- High Tech Employment Strategies
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to:
- Prepare for, and execute effectively informational and real job interviews in the MT associated industries of solar, microelectronics and automated manufacturing.
- Incorporate appropriate MT concepts and content to create and update their personal hiring documents (cover letter and resume).
- Effectively search for a job within the semiconductor and advanced manufacturing industries.
Course Activities and Design
Lectures will include presentation of various resume styles and interviewing techniques, all oriented toward the MT associated industries of solar, microelectronics and automated manufacturing. As a result, by the end of the course, students will develop competitive employment materials (cover letter, resume, thank you letters, etc) and enhance their interviewing skills.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
The final resume and cover letter will be asses by the instructor for each student individually.
Participation in mock interviews will be graded on the “pass /no pass” basis.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- The course will be focused on providing students with valuable information on finding employment in the semiconductor, solar and automated manufacturing industry, writing a competitive resume, and interview preparation techniques.
- Guest speakers form the appropriate industries will be invited in order to present the specifics that their company is looking for during an interview, and/or to market potential openings that they might have.