CCOG for MP 140 Winter 2022
- Course Number:
- MP 140
- Course Title:
- Introduction to Health Law and Ethics
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Apply relevant federal, state, and local laws, and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid regulations to the healthcare environment.
- Use effective communication that represents competence and professionalism in the healthcare setting.
- Demonstrate ethical behavior as appropriate for the healthcare professional.
- Recognize federal and state healthcare legislation and regulations and know when and how to apply such regulations.
- Describe the legal ramifications of healthcare codes of ethics violations.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Students will demonstrate these learning outcomes by these tasks conducted individually and in cooperation with other students:
1. Answering theoretical and application questions on information covered in the lecture, graded assignments and reading assignments.
2. Applying critical thinking to case studies of legal and/or ethical issues in healthcare, and participating in graded discussions on these topics.
3. Conducting independent research on a current legal and/or ethical issue in the delivery of healthcare, and preparing a presentation on this topic.