CCOG for MM 284 Fall 2022
- Course Number:
- MM 284
- Course Title:
- Portfolio Development
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Create a professional video production portfolio which includes the best work created in the program and other experiences.
- Develop an individual website with a personal brand and user-friendly layout that highlights portfolio work.
- Create a reel targeting specific video production and emerging media employment opportunities.
Course Activities and Design
- Capstone course
- Review of individuals’ outcomes
- Portfolio/ Reel preparation
- Develop an individual employment/marketing plan.
- Site visits and Internship placement
- Create a branded invoice for a project
- Write a branded cover letter
- Develop a professional introduction (aka. elevator pitch)
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Assessment will be based upon a combination of in-class work, reflections, examinations, and skills demonstrated in assigned projects. Determination of problem-solving skills, and communication skills may also be included.