CCOG for MM 263 Fall 2023
- Course Number:
- MM 263
- Course Title:
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students will be able to:
- Use video cameras and lighting equipment to communicate ideas.
- Demonstrate lighting on location and for studio environments.
- Complete field surveys and location scouting for diverse location production environments (i.e rooms, exteriors, public spaces, etc).
- Practice industry safety protocols while working on a film/video set.
- Apply camera and lighting techniques for narrative and documentary production.
Course Activities and Design
The material in this course will be presented in a classroom
lecture/discussion/demonstration format, and in class hands‐on exercises.
There will be short assignments weekly, which may be partially completed in‐class. Also,
a longer assignment, which demonstrates techniques and skills, developed in the course.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Projects will be the major criteria for evaluation. Emphasis will be placed on creativity,
presentations, meeting assigned deadlines, and participation in critiques. Additional
methods of assessment may include quizzes, exercises, assignments, and attendance.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Themes: Articulating mood and tone through media.
Concepts: Lighting theories and Composition.
Issues: Visual communication, safety.
Skills: Set up Lights. Understand light instrument. Light Metering. Using Lenses. Camera
functions. Camera style. Camera movement.