CCOG for MM 260 Fall 2023
- Course Number:
- MM 260
- Course Title:
- Video Foundations
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course should be able to:
- Use digital video cameras, sound recording, and video lighting equipment at a basic technical level.
- Identify individual roles, responsibilities, and workflows that contribute to effective teamwork and crew organization.
- Plan the organization of procedures, techniques, and materials necessary for a video production.
Course Activities and Design
Materials will be presented via lectures, demonstrations, and reading assignments. Students will learn and demonstrate their abilities through hands-on assignments and participation on video production crews
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Student fulfillment of expected outcomes will be assessed using:
A series of short video assignments;
Practical exams in which the student demonstrates hands-on skills and abilities;
Observation by the instructor and other staff.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Course Activities & Design:
- Setting up cameras
- Setting up a light kit
- Basic audio tools (microphones & headphones)
- Filming an interview
- Filming B-roll
- Shot composition
- Filming grammar
- Training in basic Video / AV skills
- Operating drones and recording video