CCOG for MM 239 Fall 2022
- Course Number:
- MM 239
- Course Title:
- Advanced Video Editing
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Produce advanced level video editing projects.
- Utilize proper color correction in video projects to meet industry standards.
- Employ enhanced audio sweetening techniques in video post-production.
- Compress video projects for exporting to assorted codecs for various modes of delivery.
- Analyze, evaluate, and critique existing video projects to identify areas of improvement.
Course Activities and Design
- The material in this course will be presented in a classroom lecture/discussion/demonstration format, and in class hands-on exercises.
- There will be short assignments weekly, which may be partially completed inclass. Also, a longer assignment, which demonstrates techniques and skills, developed in the course.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Projects will be the major criteria for evaluation. Emphasis will be placed on creativity, presentations, meeting assigned deadlines, and participation in
critiques. Additional methods of assessment may include quizzes, exercises, assignments, and attendance.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Use industry standard non-linear editing tools to create media for multiple modes of delivery.
- Use industry standard non-linear editing tools to produce a systematic workflow for various formats and various clients.
- Identify which compressors and codec types that are most appropriate for project delivery choice and the pros and cons of each format.
- Demonstrate advanced editing techniques, trimming concepts, color correction, multi-camera editing, nesting clips, variable speed techniques, compositing, video filters, and special effects.