CCOG for MM 236 Fall 2023
- Course Number:
- MM 236
- Course Title:
- Digital Media Distribution
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Define and apply industry standards of accessibility in preparing digital media for distribution.
- Demonstrate fluency using industry-standard digital editing and compression software.
- Prepare video and audio for distribution, incorporating the principles of quality video and audio streaming methods and technology.
- Identify and differentiate the features and benefits of distribution outlets such as festivals, streaming services, television and cable, social media, and self-hosting.
- Compare and contrast the use of digital media across multiple distribution channels to support awareness, education, and advocacy campaigns for individuals, communities, and society.
Course Activities and Design
- Begin with the end in mind,
- Validate that a project possesses all the characteristics needed to reach a viewer
- Review the unique considerations concerning internet playback and streaming of digital audio and video for multiple modes of media delivery.
- Produce and present digital video and audio optimized for Internet playback by utilizing primary video and audio streaming formats.
- Evaluate video and audio projects for quality and optimization for multiple modes of media delivery.
- Relate standards, terminology, and techniques appropriate for a best-practices approach to the changing state-of-the-art of video and audio streaming.
- Finding your target audience.
- Audience Engagement.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Assessment will be based upon a combination of in-class work, reflections, examinations, and skills demonstrated in assigned projects. Determination of problem-solving skills, and communication skills may also be included.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Social Media Coordinator
- Social Media Content Creator
Streaming Tech, Social Media Platforms, Marketing, and DIY Production. Quick turnaround. Social Advocacy. Consumer/ Prosumer cameras, Phones and DSLR workflow