CCOG for MM 224 Fall 2023
- Course Number:
- MM 224
- Course Title:
- Drone Videography
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Film drone video to create or support storytelling in narrative, documentary, or promotional projects.
- Edit drone video to create portfolio materials.
- Plan flight operations for UAS video recording following local, state and U.S. laws and FAA regulations, managing privacy and risks to persons and property.
- Describe emerging uses of drones in creative applications .
Course Activities and Design
- Develop skills in flying drones safely and consistently
- Develop video capture skills, focusing on conventional videography applications & methods
- Create a remote pilot’s logbook and document all drone flights
- Complete a drone video portfolio
- Describe the drone industry and name the various sectors and opportunities
- Describe influence of drones on sectors, economies and culture
- View drone video as data subject to computational evaluation.
- Safely and lawfully operate a drone
- Ethics, accessibility, and equity in documentary storytelling
- Describe the process for acquisition of a commercial license
- Generate drone video for purpose of entertainment, storytelling, and/or data collection
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Assessment will be based upon a combination of in-class work, reflections, examinations, and skills demonstrated in assigned projects. Determination of problem-solving skills, and communication skills may also be included.