CCOG for MM 222 Fall 2023
- Course Number:
- MM 222
- Course Title:
- Client Video & Producing
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Clearly identify and produce deliverables to agreed-upon standards.
- Create a Scope of Work and related documentation.
- Prepare teams and equipment and coordinate studio and remote multi-camera live video production.
- Work as directed with team members, clients, on-camera talent, and stakeholders.
Create content for a real-world working client
Course Activities and Design
- Review project types such as live events & multi camera, non-profit, training, explainer videos, marketing, social-media & influencer videos, education, and motivational.
- Beginning Steps of the Client Process - discovery, project development, Target Audience, Project Goals
- Client Relations, including Professional Emails, Cold Calling, Networking, Pitching, Getting Paid
- Budgeting & scheduling
- Identifying needed resources, including people and gear for studio, live event, and multicamera projects
- Produce content for a real or fictitious client
- Work with VO, and VO talent
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Assessment will be based upon a combination of in-class work, reflections, examinations, and skills demonstrated in assigned projects. Determination of problem-solving skills, and communication skills may also be included.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Interaction with a Client or Marketing Director
- Conduct an intake process
- Project Management
- Plan, create and develop a commercial project
- Teleprompter workflow