CCOG for MM 145 Fall 2023
- Course Number:
- MM 145
- Course Title:
- Acting for Recording
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Translate the performance for the appropriate medium.
- Perform an on-screen character in order to fulfill a role in a scripted recorded narrative.
- Create materials for an actor's demo reel.
- Prepare marketing materials for presentation to an agent, casting director, or director.
- Discuss union and non-union work, contracts, working with agents, managers and other standards and issues involving negotiation, on screen work and other current trends.
Course Activities and Design
The material in this course will be presented in a classroom lecture/discussion/demonstration format, and in class hands-on exercises.There will be short assignments weekly, which may be partially completed in-class.Also, a longer assignment, which demonstrates techniques and skills, developed in the course.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Projects will be the major criteria for evaluation. Emphasis will be placed on creativity, presentations, meeting assigned deadlines, and participation in critiques. Additional methods of assessment may include quizzes, exercises, assignments, and attendance.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Student will work together to record material with various communication goals. Themes will be connected to the actor/ director relationship and collaboration toward meeting those goals.Timelines and other technical requirements will be documented in industry standard format.Student will create final projects that demonstrate their skills to potential clients.