CCOG for MM 134 Fall 2023
- Course Number:
- MM 134
- Course Title:
- Directing for Narrative
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Produce materials, shot lists, and scripts in preparation for scene work.
- Interact and communicate effectively with departments, crew, and actors.
- Apply accepted methods for direction of scene, preserving the continuity of storytelling.
- Demonstrate familiarity with video production departments and roles.
- Implement strategies and techniques for successful team leadership.
- Relate current themes around accessibility, representation, and equity in video and film.
Course Activities and Design
- Script Breakdown and Pre-Production
- Crafting shot lists and pre-visualization
- Casting actors
- Scene Development
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Assessment will be based upon a combination of in-class work, reflections, examinations, and skills demonstrated in assigned projects. Determination of problem-solving skills, and communication skills may also be included.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Continuously improve your ability to identify and counter problematic assumptions, statements and dynamics related to racialized, gendered or classed demographics by familiarizing yourself with appropriate and current inclusive language, terms and their definitions.
- Apply contemporary tools and toolkits for evaluating interpersonal dynamics and maximizing inclusion and equity.
- Interact effectively with subjects or actors
- Interact effectively with crew
- Develop content
- Role of Director and Assistant Director
- Manage workflow for a scene
- Narrative Scene Workshops
- Collaborate with Acting Class
- Pitch Deck