CCOG for MM 129 Fall 2023
- Course Number:
- MM 129
- Course Title:
- Sound Production
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Record sound for video using microphones, mixers, and recorders.
- Determine solutions for challenging recording environments.
- Assess sound recordings and identify areas of potential or needed improvement.
- Use industry-standard methods for sound editing and sound design for video projects.
- Finalize sound for video projects to comply with distribution and industry standards.
Course Activities and Design
- Synchronization of sound with picture
- Modifications to maximize intelligibility
- Dialog replacement
- Use of sound effects and music in storytelling
- distribution standards
- Gather quality field recordings
- Select microphones
- Operate a boom
- Edit audio
- Mix audio
- Sound Design & Aesthetics
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Assessment will be based upon a combination of in-class work, reflections, examinations, and skills demonstrated in assigned projects. Determination of problem-solving skills, and communication skills may also be included.