CCOG for MM 125 Fall 2022
- Course Number:
- MM 125
- Course Title:
- Video Industry Survey
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Identify employment opportunities and career pathways of interest in video production and emerging media.
- Define responsibilities of individual roles and departments in various types of video production and emerging media projects.
- Explain the business practices of freelance production work.
- Demonstrate understanding of professional and governmental organizations roles and standards in the industry.
Course Activities and Design
- Survey of industry:
- Typical departments in a production company
- Typical jobs and associated work
- Industry culture and norms
- Communicating effectively with clients and subjects of all backgrounds (supporting successful on-camera performance for range of people with various relationships to media)
- Advertising, marketing, training, education, social influencers--all industries wherein video production plays a role
- Freelance workflow:
- Locate and draw on resources provided through professional organizations: The Oregon Film Office, the Portland Film Office, and the Oregon Media Production Association (OMPA) etc.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Assessment will be based upon a combination of in-class work, reflections, examinations, and skills demonstrated in assigned projects. Determination of problem-solving skills, and communication skills may also be included.