CCOG for LAT 279 Winter 2022
- Course Number:
- LAT 279
- Course Title:
- Computer-Aided Landscape Design II
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Render a professional CAD landscape plan using Vectorworks software.
- Use Vectorworks tools and components to develop 2D and 3D aspects of a CAD design package.
- Apply knowledge of Vectorworks tools to solve landscape design problems.
- Use Vectorworks tech support and help options to overcome technical issues.
Build confidence and skill in using CAD software.
Course Activities and Design
The course is project oriented. Students will build on basic CAD skills learned in LAT 271.
Weekly lectures and presentation of new tools/skills/procedures.
In-class practice of new tools/skills/procedures.
Homework assignments to develop competency in new tools/skills/procedures.
Course project - too demonstrate collective competency across a broad range of necessary CAD skills.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Student learning will be assessed by:
- evaluation of a course project for competency using new tools/skills/procedures to develop a complete professional landscape design.
- weekly evaluations by the instructor for evidence of practice and improvement with new tools/skills/procedures.
- skill-based homework assignments
- student demonstration of new tools/skills/procedures to the group.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Using CAD software (Vectorworks) to render professional landscape plans.