CCOG for LAT 101 Winter 2022
- Course Number:
- LAT 101
- Course Title:
- Introduction to the Landscape Industry
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Identify and define the various professions in and related to the landscape industry.
- Understand how the various professions relate to one another.
- Adapt career plans and seek professional development opportunities that reflect the changing trends in the landscape industry.
In order for students to make informed career choices, they first have to know what is possible. This survey course will provide contemporary information directly from industry leaders about career possibilities and what they involve.
Course Activities and Design
Each week, students will meet with industry leaders - as guest speakers or through onsite visits. Students will be required to write a reflection paper on 7 of the 10 speakers that summarizes what they learned and explains WHY this information was important to them.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Themes and concepts for the course include:
- Career possibilities in landscape technology.
- Networking with industry leaders.
- Understand various industry professions and how they are interconnected.
- Skill requirements, work conditions and salaries for various industry jobs.