CCOG for INSP 280 Winter 2024
- Course Number:
- INSP 280
- Course Title:
- CE: Field Experience Inspection
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Addendum to Course Description
Several Cooperative Education courses will need to be completed to meet the required total credit hours, and provide the student with varied experience at several building inspections jurisdictions. Credits are variable and based on the number of clock hours student spends on each unique job site.
Transferability of credit depends entirely upon the institution to which the student wishes to transfer.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students will be able to:
- Meet mutually agreed-upon goals and learning objectives with the instructor and employer or supervisor in advance through a written learning contract, and as appropriate to the credit awarded for this course.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply skills or knowledge gained in the classroom at the work site.
- Work productively at an inspection work site.
- Communicate appropriately at an inspection work site.
Course Activities and Design
The student, coordinator/instructor, and employer develop a work experience plan which will meet the learning needs of the student, as related to the building inspections field. This plan provides a definition of the on-the-job learning activities.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
The Cooperative Education job supervisor will establish Learning Outcomes at the start of the course, which will be agreed upon with the student, and approved by the instructor. The job supervisor will then provide a written assessment of the student’s success in meeting these Learning Outcomes, at the end of the course.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Work in a Plan Review and Permit Center, for a City, County, or other governmental jurisdiction.
- Explore opportunities within the Building Inspections field.
- Observe and experience the day to day activities that are part of Building Inspector’s jobs.
- Obtain further training in actual plan review, and on-site building inspection.
- Apply skills learned in the classroom to a professional setting.
- Communicate with a diverse population of co-workers and building professionals