CCOG for INSP 202 Summer 2022
- Course Number:
- INSP 202
- Course Title:
- Plans Examination-Residential
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Addendum to Course Description
Transferability of credit depends entirely upon the institution to which the student wishes to transfer.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Review residential plan submittals for building code compliance and permits.
Course Activities and Design
Activities include in-class illustrated lectures showing concepts of residential plan review, supported by collaborative work group review of mock plan submittals for permit. In-class work will be supported by out-of-class individual reading, research of codes and application to mock problems.
· Course materials will be presented in a lecture and discussion format, using multimedia presentations (slides, overheads, videos) showing examples of code applications in various residential buildings, and online building codes.
· Collaborative work group experience will be supplemented by posting of additional references and resources, on the PCC Course Tools files.
· Weekly assignments will provide an opportunity for student to apply class information to mock residential plan submittals.
· Short answer exams will cover a summary of information from the Building Codes.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Student will work on projects where they will use mock plan submittals for residential buildings, to determine building code compliance. Assessment will include review of projects, along with exams requiring ability to find and cite code requirements. Student to demonstrate willingness and ability to work in small groups during class to provide input and solve in-class assignments, and articulate findings to class. Student to demonstrate time management skills by completion of projects by assigned by assigned deadlines and by meeting specific objectives for each phase of class projects.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- requirements for fire and life safety in residential structures.
- Plans Examiners need to understand their role in interpreting and applying residential building code requirements.
- Plans Examiners need to read and understand prints submitted for permit, and determine if they meet building code requirements.
Review plan submittal to determine compliance with residential building code requirements
Know administrative procedures used to process plan submittals for permit