CCOG for INSP 126 Winter 2024
- Course Number:
- INSP 126
- Course Title:
- Plan Review Software
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Addendum to Course Description
This course is a required for an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Building Inspections Technology.
Transferability of credit depends entirely upon the institution to which the student wishes to transfer.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students will be able to:
• Use Plan Review software to review and notate plans submitted for permit.
• Communicate building code requirements with other professionals using Plan Review software.
Course Activities and Design
This course will be presented by means of short lecture/discussion sessions and laboratory projects. Individualized instruction will be provided while the student is working on assigned projects. Open
laboratory time will be made available, and may be necessary to complete the given tasks.
· Building Inspections students must be able to use plan review software to record code compliance on plans submitted for code review, as part of their professional work.
· Building Inspectors need to be able to use plan review software to communicate with each other, and with building professionals.
· Plan Review software is widely used within building permit divisions of city and county jurisdictions.
· Weekly assignments will provide an opportunity for student to apply class information to actual building examples.
· Class demonstrations will be supplemented by posting of additional reference and resources, on the PCC Course Tools files.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Individual and classroom discussion, lab assignments using the software, exams and quizzes, and a final project may be used to assess outcomes.
Student to demonstrate time management skills by completion of projects by assigned by assigned deadlines and by meeting specific objectives for each phase of class projects.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Building Inspection jurisdictions increasingly use plan review software, to review plan submittals.
- Plan review software allows for inspectors to communicate code requirements and compliance electronically, to the design, engineering, and building team.
- Skills: Use plan review software to:
Access and evaluation digital copies of plan submittals for permit review
Create notes on digital plan submittals
Communicate with other building professionals