CCOG for ID 280A Fall 2022
- Course Number:
- ID 280A
- Course Title:
- Cooperative Education: Kitchen and Bath
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Addendum to Course Description
This course is required for the NKBA Certificate.
Transferability of credit depends entirely upon the institution to which the student wishes to transfer.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Observe and recognize functions specific to the assigned job site.
- Successfully perform tasks relative to the work experience plan.
- Communicate effectively with associated co-workers, supervisors, and staff.
- Meet learning outcomes specific to this project as mutually agreed upon by the student and instructor in advance through a written learning contract, and as appropriate to the credit awarded for this course.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Evaluation generally consists of site visitations by the Coordinator/Instructor and a written evaluation by the Employer/Supervisor.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- An on-site/field experience is essential to the development of the student within a real world context.
- Graduates need to be able to communicate and work effectively with employers and related staff.
- Cooperative Education establishes a vital link between the college and the prospective employer.
Competencies and Skills:
The student will be able to:
- Communicate effectively with employer using various methodologies.
- Demonstrate competency while performing assigned field experience tasks.
Successfully complete the written agreement forged between the student and the participating employer.