CCOG for ID 235 Fall 2022
- Course Number:
- ID 235
- Course Title:
- Intermediate CAD for Interior Design
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Create drawings that communicate specific interior design components.
- Customize CAD short-cuts to optimize workflow in CAD software.
- Understand design office drawing standards in order to integrate into team CAD platforms.
Intermediate CAD for interior design will offer interior design students the opportunity to master a deep and complex CAD software program. Students will benefit from the confidence of mastering the intricacies of a CAD software program.
Course Activities and Design
Create highly detailed interior design drawings using CAD software
Customize settings in CAD software
Expand upon introductory skills acquired in an introductory CAD course.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Rubric for projects.
Point system to letter grade
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Lecture and discussion sessions will compliment laboratory projects. Individualized instruction will be provided while the student is working on assigned projects. Open laboratory time will be made available, and may be necessary to complete the given tasks.
- Design students must be able to visualize and graphically reproduce complex layouts to succeed in subsequent drafting and design courses.
- Designers need to be able to communicate with each other, and with manufacturing and construction personnel using graphical representations of physical objects.